Guildhall contest!

Section dedicated to these who have some drawing skills.
Iorek

Re: Guildhall contest!

Post by Iorek »

Here is my first project, it's a 3D model made on Maya:

Name: Tower of Ryunda
It's a tower construct on the medieval style with many towers, strong walls but without need of weapons, since its time of peace. It has 4 floors but some parts of the house are just connected on the main floor. Its like a fortress.

Here are some screens of the process.

MarkeLuminera
Novice
Novice
Character: Marke
Guild: Kiwi Legion

Post by MarkeLuminera »

Woah! Excellent job, Honourable knight of Honera :mrgreen:
Honourable wrote:Guildhall entry #1: Royal Manor

Creator: Honourable knight of Honera
World: Honera
Inhabitant of: Thais

This is my 1st entry for the Guildhall Design Contest, My Dream guildhall;
The Royal Manor.
A magnificent mansion of epic proportions, suitable for higher class, Noblemen, and even Royalty!
This Suite features 13 luxurious rooms to accompany your fellow guilds-men.

Description:
The main floor invites you in with its beautiful red carpet, Checkered flooring, stone pillars, and a large stairway, behind lays the main dining area, finished off with lovely royal tapestries hung in the dining area.
Accompanied by the second floor, which features 7 well sized rooms for you honored guests, a balcony, and a large amount of space to furnish your palace as you please.
Finally, we have the roof, which can hold many a party, sealed off with a lovely castle- like ridged railings.
The room on this floor is where the Master bedroom is, with 2 floors , with the bedroom on the second, for that extra bit of privacy! here you have a birds-eye view of your beautiful property.
On top lies the royal Tibian Flag, why not be a little patriotic?

On the ground level, features 2 main courtyards, each with a lovely fountain, hero statue, and benches to sit and relax, and enjoy the scenery. Along with a beautiful row of trees on the front pathway.
On each side of the house (accessible through the main dining hall) are 2 more small courtyards, rounded off by trees, and accompanied by fountains.

.........Last but certainly NOT least... in the backyard you can keep fit and have fun in your VERY OWN SWIMMING POOL!!!

I have uploaded 3 images, detailing the making of and final result of my guildhall.
Made of cardboard, paper, and fabric (for roofs)
Model measures a square 9 inches (24 cm) lengthwise, and is 7.5inches (18 cm) tall.
( i know it may not look perfect, but alot of time and effort was put into this project ;) )

*P.S.(I would recommend viewing pictures in a new tab for better easier viewing)

*reason for edit: I forgot to mention the length/height of the model)

Honourable
Novice
Novice
Character: Honourable Knight of Honera
Guild: Stage Empire

Post by Honourable »

MarkeLuminera wrote:Woah! Excellent job, Honourable knight of Honera :mrgreen:
Thanks MarkeLuminera! Happy you like it!

MarkeLuminera
Novice
Novice

Post by MarkeLuminera »

So this is my first post,
I need 3 because I couldn't upload more than 3 pictures a post, thank you for understanding but it's finally done !
It took less time than I expected and I'm so happy about it! :mrgreen:

The following photographs include:

-The Full Scene, which I tried my best to make it look EXACTLY like the 3D model that I posted previously in this thread.
In fact, The Guildhall is the principal scene that I'm presenting to you, including the trees and the balconey.
SketchUp Pro GuildStats Contest.jpg
SketchUp Pro GuildStats Contest.jpg (83.08 KiB) Viewed 3038 times
Full scene, same angle as the 3D model for GuildStats Contest.jpg
Full scene, same angle as the 3D model for GuildStats Contest.jpg (57.49 KiB) Viewed 3038 times
I played abit with shadows on the photographs but not on this one, I just really wanted the real model picture to look like the 3D Sketch

-The Guildhall is about 18 x 12 centimeters and ~ 10 may be 13 centimeters high counting the roof.

-The balconey is about 12 x 13 centimeters and 4~5 centimeters high.
(I had the idea of adding pillars so that it makes it look like a sort of temple and at the same time they support that roof!)

*Notice that the balconey is also about 2 centimeters under the ground.The reason is that I attempted (on purpose)
to make the whole thing look abit more realistic (That makes the island look hilly) and I think it looks great!

-Also, I heard that someday, hopefully soon! Cipsoft are going to increment weather in the game, so I thought "Why not add some clouds above the Guildhall?"
(I think that this part looks quite funny but oh well!)

I can only add one photograph left but I will post the rest on different posts, right below this one! Sorry about this :?
Guildhall in a different angle again for GuildStats Contest!.jpg
Guildhall in a different angle again for GuildStats Contest!.jpg (81.86 KiB) Viewed 3038 times
-For the pool that you can find on the surface of the balconey. I used : A picture and Scotch tape!
~The pool that you can see on the image above is the one that I drew before I decided to try and find somethng that would look better.
Phtotograph of the real pool on my following post. ~

-My talents to draw and colour things are VERY limited... I really didn't want to ruin the whole scene by drawing and colouring everything. However, as you can see (On the first real model picture) I tried to draw a majestic door... (It's easy to notice that it didn't go very well) and my first idea for the pool was only to draw it but I changed my mind and managed to find a great picture in a magazine!

-For the trees (The one that I took a close-up picture of) I've been making these little guys for a long time and back at highscool a lot of people used to tell me that they look stunning, so I simply decided to add some :mrgreen:
~Photographs on my following post~

I named this island "Amittuntur Sed Non Est Oblitus"(According to Google Translate) in latin which means "Lost Yet Not Forgotten", in english!
I though that it would be original to name an island in latin since most the spells in Tibia contain latin words and there's something quite magical about this island
if you ask me ;)

This is my first entry for the contest, I wish best of luck to every other participents!
I'm happy that you, Guild-Stats community, had this awesome idea of making this architecture contest!
Thanks to all of you!

PS: If there's something missing, such precise informations etc. just let me know and I'll edit my post!

Thank you so much again!
-Marke

*reason of the edits are again mostly for my writting mistakes!*
Last edited by MarkeLuminera on 15 Sep 2012, 06:25, edited 4 times in total.

MarkeLuminera
Novice
Novice

Post by MarkeLuminera »

This is the second post that I needed to introduce to you the rest of the pictures! I might need another one unfortunately...!

This picture explain how I built the roof and a bit of the house, I tried to make it look simple !
How to for the roof! for GuildStats Contest.jpg
How to for the roof! for GuildStats Contest.jpg (112.53 KiB) Viewed 3037 times
Here is the Close-up photograph of the pool, I edited it so you can see the carton that I used for the making of pretty much everything
Pool for GuildStats Contest.jpg
Pool for GuildStats Contest.jpg (122.01 KiB) Viewed 3037 times
Here is a Close-up photograph of the tree, not all of them, the other kind of trees that I made are quite a little more simple to make!
Close-up view tree for GuildStats Contest.jpg
Close-up view tree for GuildStats Contest.jpg (60.15 KiB) Viewed 3037 times
On my the 3rd post there will be 2 photographs of the Guildhall in different angles! and this will be my last post :mrgreen:
Sorry about the inconvenience!

*Reason of the edits : Writting mistakes!*
Last edited by MarkeLuminera on 15 Sep 2012, 06:10, edited 2 times in total.

MarkeLuminera
Novice
Novice

Post by MarkeLuminera »

This is my 3rd post for the presentation of the guildhall and my last because I couldn't upload more than 3 pictures a post, sorry about the inconvenience!

Here is An overall view in a different angle :mrgreen:
Full scene, real model for GuildStats Contest.jpg
Full scene, real model for GuildStats Contest.jpg (63.77 KiB) Viewed 3035 times
And a Close-up view again!
Guildhall, Close-up view in a different angle for GuildStats Contest.jpg
Guildhall, Close-up view in a different angle for GuildStats Contest.jpg (69.13 KiB) Viewed 3035 times
For all the precise informations, check out my first post!
So that's it! Thank you very much! :mrgreen:

D.E
New user
New user
Character: Dark Elemental
Guild: Ignis

Post by D.E »

Hey MarkeLuminera how you do for the trees don't fall out? Because it look that they had a lot of weight in the top, it's a nice technique! :thumbsup:

I will post my model soon just need that the glue dry

MarkeLuminera
Novice
Novice

Post by MarkeLuminera »

Hot glue mate! :mrgreen: and thank you!!

*Edit : Hot glue (Glue gun, which is the correct way to say it)*
D.E wrote:Hey MarkeLuminera how you do for the trees don't fall out? Because it look that they had a lot of weight in the top, it's a nice technique! :thumbsup:

I will post my model soon just need that the glue dry

glitter
New user
New user
Character: jluyz hedx

Post by glitter »

@working in my guildhouse model =D (Y)

i have a question
how i can upload my work photos ? (with imageshack?...)

Tecktronz Felister
VIP
VIP

Post by Tecktronz Felister »

glitter wrote:@working in my guildhouse model =D (Y)

i have a question
how i can upload my work photos ? (with imageshack?...)
I suggest imgur. You can include their links on the forum as images with the [img] tags.

Nice work so far, people!
Kind regards,

Tecktronz Felister

Personal Tibia Events: __________

Kasia: always.